Fund manager Jupiter has reshuffled its sustainable investing team in a move which sees the exit of 20 year Jupiter veteran Charlie Thomas for a new role outside the company.
The changes include:
- Abbie Llewellyn-Waters appointed head of sustainable investing
- Rhys Petheram appointed head of environmental solutions
- Charlie Thomas has left to become CIO at EdenTree Investment Management
- Jon Wallace appointed fund manager of Jupiter Ecology, Jupiter Responsible Income, equity segment of Jupiter Global Ecology Diversified and Jupiter Green Investment Trust
Ms Llewellyn-Waters has 15 years of sustainable investment experience and has managed the Jupiter Global Sustainable Equities fund since launch.
In her new role, she will lead the firm’s sustainable investing capability while continuing to focus on managing the global sustainable equity strategy.
She will work with Jupiter veteran Edward Bonham Carter who has taken on a new role focusing on the company’s stewardship and corporate responsibility activities.
Fund manager Rhys Petheram is promoted to the new role of head of environmental solutions, working with Ms Llewellyn-Waters. He has co-managed the mixed-asset Jupiter Global Ecology Diversified fund since inception in 2016 and specialises in green bonds. He will oversee Jupiter’s environmental range including the flagship £691m Jupiter Ecology Fund.
Charlie Thomas, head of strategy, environment and sustainability, leaves Jupiter after 20 years at the company including 17 years running the Jupiter Ecology Fund.
Following his departure, Jon Wallace will be promoted to fund manager, taking over the management of the Jupiter Ecology Fund, Jupiter Responsible Income Fund and the equity segment of the mixed asset Jupiter Global Ecology Diversified fund, working alongside Rhys Petheram and reporting to him.
Jupiter CEO Andrew Formica, said: “Drawing on Jupiter’s 30-year heritage of sustainable investing, this restructure and the series of appointments announced today reinforce our commitment to this strategically important client proposition which we see as a cornerstone of our future business growth plans.”
• Editor’s Note: Story updated to add that Charlie Thomas has joined EdenTree as CIO